Software Engineer Intern
Are you obsessed with software, apps and the Internet? Looking to work with an awesome team in a modern, successful software company? Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier software developer that is working with and creating today's hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us build some great software!
Geisel Software develops web, mobile and embedded software, with a focus on robotics, medical devices, and machine learning. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that means tracking down the answer on Google, or building your own new solution.
Here's what you can expect to learn
- More practical software development experience than can be taught in schools.
- How to contribute effectively to a project, or perhaps how to start one from scratch.
- How to get around Linux - the most popular platform for hosting web/mobile applications.
- Web frameworks and CMS's like Drupal and Wordpress.
- Web, Mobile and Embedded software development, on Robotic interfaces or in the Cloud, depending on your assignment.
- Machine Learning, both on a theoretical and a practical level, solving real programs with TensorFlow and OpenCV.
- The process that today's top companies use to launch software, and some of the job roles required in delivering a complete solution.
Here’s what we require
- You're passionate about software development - it's what you do even in your free time (you should highlight this in your resume/cover letter).
- A willing-to-learn attitude and a solid work ethic - we have lots of fun, but we work hard!
- Field of study in CS/EE (or equivalent experience).
- Being very comfortable in at least one programming language.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently as necessary.
- Familiarity with the Internet, social networks, and mobile web browsing.
- 40 hours per week.
Nice-to-haves (This isn't required, but if you already know some of it, we'll put it to use!)
- Experience with Linux, OS Administration, or Virtual Machines.
- Aptitude and/or love of math, especially when it's useful!
What you’ll get
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.
Apply now and include your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you think you'd be a great fit at Geisel Software. We'd love to hear about what you've done with technologies we're using, or other projects you've worked on. What do you think you’re really good at and why? What have you done outside of school or your current job to improve your craft? Why do you think you’d be a great fit.